YOGA IN ACTION: Facilitator Training 2021
May 8, 2021
OTM's Yoga In Action (YIA) is a grassroots, purpose-driven leadership program that brings the "Off the Mat" experience of self-inquiry and sustainable action to a local level. Customarily, the YIA program has only been offered to those who have completed the Yoga, Purpose, & Action (YPA) 5-Day in person OR online training.
We are so happy to share that we have created an online pathway for those who have attended the YPA Online sessions, either live or via the recordings.
In this 3-hour training, led by Carrington Jackson, participants will reflect on the information and themes shared during the intensive. You will engage as a larger group and dialogue in smaller groups. We will offer skill building around communication, holding space, self-care and collaboration.
Steps to become a Yoga In Action Facilitator:
- Attend Yoga, Purpose, & Action Online (either live or via the recordings). (Please note that all sessions must be completed prior to attending a Yoga In Action Facilitator Training.)
- Attend the Yoga In Action Facilitator Call LIVE on May 8th. This call will not be recorded and it is required that you attend the live calls in order to be considered to become a Yoga In Action Facilitator.
- Apply to lead a Yoga in Action group yourself. * The purpose of applying is simply so we can get to know you better, most people will be approved to lead a circle barring any circumstances that make us feel that this might not be a good fit for you.
- Upon application approval, purchase the 7-week curriculum and begin your Yoga In Action work!
- Our YIA Mentor will help you create your own YIA group in your local community, providing guidance and support as needed.
Most people who choose to lead YIA have some experience facilitating groups either through teaching yoga or clinical work. If you want to see if this is the right path for you, please email Carrington at [email protected]
Day & Time
Saturday, May 8th, 2021: 10 - 1pm PDT | 1 - 4pm EDT
PLEASE NOTE, THERE WILL BE NO RECORDINGS FOR THIS TRAINING - YOU MUST ATTEND THE LIVE SESSIONS
Meet Your Teachers
Over the last 20+ years, Carrington’s study of yoga has been a diverse journey through the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual components of the practice. Currently based in Raleigh, NC, Carrington began teaching in 2004 and is registered with the Yoga Alliance as an e-RYT 500. Her classes are a canvas of practice, prayer and presence, intertwined with messages of spirit, magic and social responsibility. On a physical level, her teaching practice is about bringing people to a deeper knowing and acceptance of themselves and guiding them in piecing together the individual parts of the self into the more powerful whole. On a soulful level, her passion both on and off the mat is helping others in finding their voice and owning their power and teaches many classes and workshops to that end. On a collective level, the purpose of her teaching is to correlate yoga on and off the mat… ultimately paving the way from the I to the WE.
She currently serves as both faculty and Yoga In Action (YIA) Coordinator for OTM. Having gratefully learned from many teachers over the years, a few teachers that have greatly influenced her personal and teaching practices are Seane Corn, Marianne Williamson, Rev angel KYODO williams, Hala Khouri, Carolyn Myss and of course the greatest teacher of all… Life.
Read more about her here: carringtonjacksonyoga.com